from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Requiring no proof or explanation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Obviously true, and requiring no proof, argument or explanation
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Evident without proof or reasoning; producing certainty or conviction upon a bare presentation to the mind.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Evident in itself without proof or reasoning; producing clear conviction upon a bare presentation to the mind.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. evident without proof or argument
self- + evident (Wiktionary)