from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Providing a reasonable basis for belief or acceptance.
- adj. Founded on probability or presumption.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Based on presumption, probability, conjecture, hypothesis or belief
- adj. making presumptions; behaving as one who presumes, who assumes that which they perhaps shouldn't.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Based on presumption or probability; grounded on probable evidence; probable.
- adj. Presumptuous; arrogant.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Based on presumption or probability; probable; grounded on probable evidence; proving circumstantially, not directly.
- Unreasonably confident; presumptuous; arrogant.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. affording reasonable grounds for belief or acceptance
- adj. having a reasonable basis for belief or acceptance
Sorry, no etymologies found.