from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of the nature of, including, or involving supposition.
- n. Grammar A conjunction, such as if or providing, that introduces a supposition.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A word denoting or implying supposition.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Including or implying supposition, or hypothesis; supposed.
- n. A word denoting or implying supposition, as the words if, granting, provided, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Supposed; including or implying supposition.
- n. A conditional or continuative conjunction, as if, granted, provided.
Sorry, no etymologies found.