American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Of the nature of, including, or involving supposition.
- n. Grammar A conjunction, such as if or providing, that introduces a supposition.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Supposed; including or implying supposition.
- n. A conditional or continuative conjunction, as if, granted, provided.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Including or implying supposition, or hypothesis; supposed.
- n. A word denoting or implying supposition, as the words
if, granting, provided, etc.
“And I'll have you know that trolls are one of Mrs. Clinton's most super supportively suppositive supporters!”
“Hasset is suppositive in tone throughout and offers some theoretically sound speculation on what may be occuring, and may occur in the future, with regards to democratic and authoritarian economies.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘suppositive’.
Words taken from G. W. Leibniz while I write my end-of-term essay. From: Monadology and Other Essays (translated from the French by R. Ariew and D. Garber in G. W. Leibniz, Philosophical Essays (In...
Looking for tweets for suppositive.