from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. That can be presumed or taken for granted; reasonable as a supposition: presumable causes of the disaster.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Capable of being presumed.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Such as may be presumed or supposed to be true; that seems entitled to belief without direct evidence.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Capable of being presumed or taken for granted; such as may be supposed to be true or entitled to belief without examination or direct evidence, or on probable evidence.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. capable of being inferred on slight grounds
presume + -able (Wiktionary)