from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. That can be supposed or conjectured: a supposable outcome.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Capable of being supposed; imaginable.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Capable of being supposed, or imagined to exist.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Capable of being supposed; involving no absurdity, and not meaningless.
- Sufficiently probable to be admitted problematically.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. capable of being inferred on slight grounds
Sorry, no etymologies found.