American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Possessing, exerting, or displaying energy. See Synonyms at active.
- adj. Of or relating to energy.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Possessing, exerting, or manifesting energy; specifically, acting or operating with force and vigor; powerful in action or effect; forcible; vigorous: as, an energetic man or government; energetic measures, laws, or medicines.
- Synonyms Strenuous, assiduous, potent.
- In physical, of or pertaining to energy or to the science of energetics.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Having energy or energies; possessing a capacity for vigorous action or for exerting force; active.
- adj. Exhibiting energy; operating with force, vigor, and effect; forcible; powerful; efficacious.
- adj. working hard to promote an enterprise
- adj. possessing or exerting or displaying energy
- From Ancient Greek ἐνεργητικός (energētikos), from ἐνεργέω (energeō, "to be active"), from ἐνεργός (energos, "active") (Wiktionary)
- Greek energētikos, from energein, to be active, from energos, active; see energy. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“There was a lot of what we call energetic material - bomb-squad talk for explosive stuff,”
“The children also engage in energetic and educational field trips and other activities.”
“Someone angry and energetic is calling you a "Washington insider.”
“He is known as a energetic defender—with D'Antoni praising his ability to "get into people.”
“The economy must continue to flow and remain energetic once the stimulus stops”
“Still, I suppose overly energetic is preferable to dull and lifeless any day.”
“I love working in energetic places like subways, cafes, airport lounges and hotel lobbies.”
“Mood index: energetic from a bunch of folk, including arcaedia and marinarusalka”
“ROMANS: Congressman Bennie Thompson promises we he calls energetic pressure from Congress for the White House to reconsider this deal.”
“I almost made it - got to about 7 before I was winded & my butt hurt. now I feel all energetic from the exercise, and the blood going to my brain. yay! however … had a long chat with Chad on the way home, about writing and publishing.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘energetic’.
Use these and get promoted
Words to describe art of the fauvist movement
Ever think you were just like everyone else? Anything like anyone? Maybe even a little Average?
What if it Was just all in your head... . .
The present, the future. Goals, wishes, hopes.
I love words, especially the ones I make up with my friends.
List of adjectival terms, from aggressive to zippered, paired in printed materials with the adverb coruscatingly, identified by a simple query to Google Search (Books).
HEY, do you want to feel SO ENERGETIC?! Drink POWERTHIRST and you'll win at everything, forever!
words I would use to describe myself
Words that we will encounter during our study of immigration!
good, virtuous traits that are common in human behaviour.
goto traits (neutral)
goto traits (bad)
( randomness, descriptive, psychology, virtue, mindset, perspective...
Looking for tweets for energetic.