from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To make or become more lively: liven up a party; a discussion that livened up.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To cause to be more lively.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. to make lively; -- sometimes used with up.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To put life into; enliven; make more brisk; rouse: generally with up: as, to liven up a fire, or a despondent person.
- To become lively or more lively; generally with up: as, he livened up a bit after dinner.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. make lively
Sorry, no etymologies found.