from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To make lively or spirited; animate.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To give life or spirit to; to revive or animate.
- v. To make more lively, cheerful or interesting.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To give life, action, or motion to; to make vigorous or active; to excite; to quicken.
- transitive v. To give spirit or vivacity to; to make sprightly, gay, or cheerful; to animate
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To give life, action, or motion to; make vigorous or active; vivify; quicken.
- To give spirit or vivacity to; animate; make sprightly, gay, or cheerful.
- Synonyms To exhilarate, cheer, inspirit, gladden, invigorate, rouse, wake up.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. heighten or intensify
- v. make lively
Life + en- -en, intensifying verbal circumfix. (Wiktionary)