from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To make glad. See Synonyms at please.
- intransitive v. Archaic To be glad.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To cause (something) to become more glad.
- v. To become more glad in one's disposition.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To make glad; to cheer; to please; to gratify; to rejoice; to exhilarate.
- intransitive v. To be or become glad; to rejoice.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To make glad or joyful; cheer; please.
- Synonyms To comfort, gratify, delight, rejoice, animate, en-liven
- To become glad; rejoice.
- n. A glade.
- n. A plant of the iris family, especially Iris fætidissima. See Iris, 8.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. become glad or happy
- v. make glad or happy
From glad + -en. (Wiktionary)