from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To make angry; irritate.
- transitive v. To drive insane.
- intransitive v. To become infuriated.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To make angry.
- v. To make insane; to inflame with passion.
- v. To become furious.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To make mad; to drive to madness; to drive to insanity; to craze.
- transitive v. To make very angry; to enrage; to excite violently with passion.
- intransitive v. To become mad; to act as if mad.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To become mad; act as if mad.
- To make mad; excite violently; enrage; craze.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. make mad
- v. drive up the wall; go on someone's nerves
- v. cause to go crazy; cause to lose one's mind
Sorry, no etymologies found.