from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or containing acetic acid or vinegar.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or producing vinegar
- adj. Of or pertaining to acetic acid or its derivatives
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of a pertaining to vinegar; producing vinegar; producing vinegar.
- adj. Pertaining to, containing, or derived from, acetyl, . The latter is the acid to which the sour taste of vinegar is due.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having the properties of vinegar; sour.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to or containing acetic acid
From Latin acētum, vinegar; see acetum.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From French acétique, from Latin acetum ("vinegar"), from acere ("to be sour"). (Wiktionary)