from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Relating to, containing, or derived from butter.
- adj. Relating to or derived from butyric acid.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or characteristic of butter
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or derived from butyric acid or any of the isomeric univalent radicals of formula C3H7CO2-
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to, or derived from, butter.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or derived from butter.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to or producing butyric acid
From Latin būtȳrum, butter; see butter.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)