American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, having, or resulting from diabetes: diabetic patients; a diabetic coma.
- adj. Intended for use by a person with diabetes: diabetic candy.
- n. A person who has diabetes.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to diabetes.
- Affected with diabetes: as, a diabetic patient.
- n. A person suffering from diabetes.
- adj. Of or pertaining to diabetes, especially diabetes mellitus.
- adj. Having diabetes, especially diabetes mellitus.
- adj. Suitable for one having diabetes mellitus.
- n. A person who suffers from diabetes mellitus.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Pertaining to diabetes.
- adj. suffering from diabetes
- n. someone who has diabetes
- adj. of or relating to or causing diabetes
“My point about the diabetic is to counter the claim that it doesn't make sense to use insurance to pay for routine things.”
“What if the newly-diagnosed diabetic is 64 years old?”
“The thing the article doesn't mention in much detail, presumably because the writer isn't diabetic, is how awful hyperglycemia (high blood sugar) feels.”
“According to your theory, a diabetic is only a diabetic when they eat sugar.”
“The study supports the view that diet can improve glucose and lipid levels and thus reduce the risk of long-term diabetic complications.”
“Current recommendations to manage dyslipidaemia in diabetic patients are based on observational evidence and expert judgment.”
“Every 45 seconds a new diabetic is diagnosed in North America.”
“The very first experiments in diabetic dogs were crowned with success.”
“Sam Edge, 23, a long term diabetic, fears his saline drip was spiked after he almost lapsed into a coma on Ward A1 of the Stepping Hill Hospital in Stockport.”
“Long term diabetic on insulin all of a sudden hands start shaking uncontrollably & blood sugar tests normal whats going on?”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘diabetic’.
A collection of words found in English that are either purely Greek or have Greek etymology.
Please add with caution and certainty. Will be regularly updated by me.
All the scientific words found in the official EU nomenclature. For the screening I used Vocabgrabber of the Visual Thesaurus.
includes words of the "Prodcom list"
Words ending in ic, tic or nic.
Looking for tweets for diabetic.