from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or characterized by hypertension.
- adj. Causing an increase in blood pressure: a hypertensive medication.
- n. A person with or susceptible to hypertension.
- n. A drug capable of causing an increase in blood pressure.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of, pertaining to, or causing hypertension
- n. a person with hypertension
- n. a drug that increases blood pressure
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. having abnormally high blood pressure.
- n. Causing high blood pressure.
- n. A person who suffers from persistently high blood pressure.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having abnormally high blood pressure
- n. a person who has abnormally high blood pressure
Sorry, no etymologies found.