American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Of, characterized by, or caused by an allergy: an allergic reaction to airborne pollen.
- adj. Having an allergy: allergic children; highly allergic to penicillin.
- adj. Informal Having a dislike; averse: allergic to work.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. of or pertaining to allergy.
- adj. having an allergy or peculiar or excessive susceptibilty especially to a specific factor.
- adj. characterized by or caused by allergy
- adj. having an allergy or peculiar or excessive susceptibility (especially to a specific factor)
- allergy + -ic (Wiktionary)
“Their droppings trigger allergy reactions in allergic children.”
“Bierman CW, Shapiro GG, Pierson WE, et al. Safety of influenza vaccination in allergic children.”
“Release of leukotrienes in allergic and inflammatory conditions is probably responsible for the symptoms which characterize these diseases.”
“I had suffered from bronchial asthma as a child and had developed a deep curiosity in allergic phenomena.”
“SAUDI ARABIA's response to the Arab spring might be described as allergic.”
“The day finished with Tao of Tea’s Peppermint, because I remain allergic to food.”
“However, the food-challenge test was quite strict — the children needed to show two or more symptoms from a specific list to be classified as allergic after eating peanuts.”
“Many of those suffering from the seasonal effects of what is known as allergic rhinitis, or hay fever, use a variety of prescription and over-the-counter medicines to treat the symptoms of allergies.”
“About 15 to 20 percent of Americans have allergic reactions to airborne substances which trigger the classic condition known as allergic rhinitis.”
“However, the food-challenge test was quite strict—the children needed to show two or more symptoms from a specific list to be classified as allergic after eating peanuts.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘allergic’.
Plausible, predictable, or far-fetched.
dog ate it, wardrobe malfunction, plumb forgot, headache, meteor shower, burning butterfly, egged from a scho..., had to wash sheets, had a manicure ac..., not tonight - the..., my hemorrhoids ar..., hyperactive spam ... and 35 more...
A jumble of words, sometimes contradictory, that add up to me. I'll probably be adding to this list for some time, because I'm a very complex individual. ;P
Words ending in ic, tic or nic.
Counterpart to the Death Row list.
Looking for tweets for allergic.