from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having a thin rind or skin.
- adj. Oversensitive, especially to criticism or insult.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. having a thin skin
- adj. overly sensitive to criticism; quick to take offence; irritable; touchy
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having a thin skin; hence, sensitive; irritable.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having a thin skin; hence, unduly sensitive; easily offended; irritable.
- Having merely a thin superstratum of good soil: said of land.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. quick to take offense
Sorry, no etymologies found.