from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Capriciously stubborn or eccentric; perverse.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Cranky, disagreeable, or stubborn, especially if prone to odd whims or fancies.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Given to crotchets; subject to whims.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Characterized by odd fancies or crotchets; fantastic or eccentric in thought; whimsical.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having a difficult and contrary disposition
From crotchet + -y, using crotchet in the 16th century sense of a whim or a fancy (Wiktionary)