from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Informal A person regarded as eccentric.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An eccentric or unusual person.
- adj. Exotic, not mainstream, such as an oddball word or an oddball computer program.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A person with an unusual or odd personality; an eccentric person.
- n. Anything unusual in its class.
- adj. Eccentric; very unusual; strange; bizarre.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person with an unusual or odd personality
From odd + ball? (Wiktionary)