from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having hands calloused or hardened by work.
- adj. Oppressive; tyrannical.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Alternative form of hardhanded.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having hard hands, as a manual laborer.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having hands hardened by toil.
- Practising severity; ruling with a strong hand.
Sorry, no etymologies found.