from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A railroad parlor car or sleeping car. Also called Pullman car.
- n. A large suitcase. Also called Pullman case.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A railroad passenger car; especially, one of the luxurious ones named after the eponymous Pullman Palace Car Company.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In car-building, a parlor- or sleeping-car, specifically, and properly, one made by the Pullman Company.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. luxurious passenger car; for day or night travel
After George Mortimer Pullman (1831-1897), American industrialist and inventor.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
short for Pullman car, after the Pullman Palace Car Company, after George Pullman (Wiktionary)