from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Markedly unusual or abnormal; strange: freakish weather; a freakish combination of styles.
- adj. Relating to or being a freak: a freakish extra toe.
- adj. Capricious or whimsical.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. resembling a freak
- adj. strange, unusual, abnormal or bizarre
- adj. capricious or unpredictable
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Apt to change the mind suddenly; whimsical; capricious.
- adj. rapidly changing and unpredictable.
- adj. markedly abnormal.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Addicted to freaks; resulting from or caused by a freak; capricious; whimsical; fantastic.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. conspicuously or grossly unconventional or unusual
- adj. changeable
- adj. characteristic of a freak
The only honest information would have been that about 97 percent of the world’s relevant scientists overwhelming agree that climate change couldn’t be more real and is a genuine danger to humanity and the planet -- and that the evidence is all around us in freakish weather, rising oceans, melting arctic ice and glaciers, shifting habitats, and more.
Most of them look severely constipated or just plain freakish.
What could only be described as a freakish deflection not only took it the six yards to Dida's goal, but right in the bottom corner, giving the Brazilian no chance of keeping it out.
For me he looks freakish, which is worrying because he just doesnt have the face for a leading role?
Worn with drop-crotch jeans, a fedora, striped socks, a print blouse, oversized reading glasses, crocheted slippers, layers of crystals and Indian beads and a red Mongolian fur, the Birkin becomes an extension of her, authentic and "freakish" and proud of it.
Although this is a temporary solution, the year's "freakish" weather might not be so freakish in the coming years.
Mike Hussey's half-century to defeat Pakistan must be recognised as remarkable – "freakish", Michael Clarke, the Australia captain called it – played as it was with the heaviest prospect of elimination from the competition, and it came in partnership with Cameron White, whose power hitting snatched the momentum away from Pakistan in an instant.
But here again, the critics rise up to dismiss Mitchell as some kind of freakish superhero.
Could the Manson Family's actions also be some kind of freakish "art"?
I think you need to do a little more research before proclaiming that California is some kind of freakish outlier.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.