from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Often or habitually roaming; wandering.
- adj. Extended over an irregular area; sprawling: a large rambling country estate.
- adj. Lengthy and digressive: a rambling speech.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of ramble.
- n. A long meandering talk with no specific topic or direction.
- n. A gentle hike.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Roving; wandering; discursive.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of wandering about, or from place to place.
- n. A roving excursion or course; an indefinite or whimsical turning back and forth.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. spreading out in different directions
- adj. (of e.g. speech and writing) tending to depart from the main point or cover a wide range of subjects
- adj. of a path e.g.
Sorry, no etymologies found.