from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An area where a battle is fought.
- n. A sphere of contention.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The field where a land battle is or was fought.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a region where a battle is fought.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The scene of a battle.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a region where a battle is being (or has been) fought
battle + field (Wiktionary)