from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Separated at the joints.
- adj. Out of joint; dislocated.
- adj. Lacking order or coherence: disjointed sentences.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not connected, coherent, or continuous.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Separated at the joints; disconnected; incoherent.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having the joints or connections separated: as, a disjointed fowl; hence, disconnected; incoherent: as, a disjointed discourse.
- Out of joint; out of order or sorts; badly jointed together.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. lacking orderly continuity
- adj. separated at the joint
- adj. taken apart at the joints
Sorry, no etymologies found.