from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of scatter.
- adj. randomly distributed.
- adj. covering three eighths to four eighths of the sky.
- adj. affecting 30 percent to 50 percent of a forecast zone.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Dispersed; dissipated; sprinkled, or loosely spread.
- adj. Irregular in position; having no regular order.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Widely separated; found, occurring, or placed at wide or irregular intervals of distance.
- Wandering; vague.
- Disunited; divided; distracted.
- In botany, irregular in position; without apparent regularity of order: as, scattered branches; scattered leaves.
- In entomology, irregularly spread or strewn over a surface: noting punctures, dots, or other small marks of sculpture or color. Compare dispersed.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. lacking orderly continuity
- adj. occurring or distributed over widely spaced and irregular intervals in time or space
Sorry, no etymologies found.