from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of diffuse.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Spread abroad; dispersed; loose; flowing; diffuse.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Spread; dispersed.
- Spread out; extended; stretched.
- Confused; irregular; wild; negligent.
- In zoology, ill-defined; without definite edges: applied to colored marks when they appear to merge gradually into the ground-color at their edges, and especially to marks on the wings of butterflies and moths when the scales forming them become scattered at the edges.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of light rays) subjected to scattering by reflection from a rough surface or transmission through a translucent material
- adj. (of light) transmitted from a broad light source or reflected
Sorry, no etymologies found.