from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The defendant or defendants in a criminal case.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of accuse.
- n. The person charged with an offense; the defendant in a criminal case.
- adj. Having been accused; being the target of accusations.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Charged with offense.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a defendant in a criminal proceeding
Sorry, no etymologies found.