from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of batter.
- adj. Beaten up through a lot of use; in rough condition; weathered, beat-up.
- adj. Beaten repeatedly or consistently; beaten up.
- adj. Coated with batter.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. In deplorable condition.
- adj. Hit or pounded repeatedly and violently with heavy blows; ; antomyn of
- adj. Damaged especially by hard usage.
- adj. beaten repeatedly; -- of people.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Beaten down or bruised; worn or impaired, as by beating or long service: as, a battered pavement; battered type; a battered jade.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. damaged especially by hard usage
- adj. exhibiting symptoms resulting from repeated physical and emotional injury
- adj. damaged by blows or hard usage
Sorry, no etymologies found.