from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Slang Damaged or worn because of neglect or heavy use.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Worn out by overuse; in a state of disrepair
- n. An artificially or disingenuously manufactured outcry, usually in the media.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. same as beaten-up.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. give a beating to; subject to a beating, either as a punishment or as an act of aggression
- v. gather
- adj. damaged by blows or hard usage
Sorry, no etymologies found.