from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- v. Chiefly British Variant of belabor.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To labour about; labour over; work hard upon; ply diligently.
- v. To beat soundly; thump; beat someone.
- v. To attack someone verbally.
- v. To discuss something repeatedly; to harp on.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. attack verbally with harsh criticism
- v. beat soundly
- v. to work at or to absurd length
From be- (“about, around”) + labour. Compare bework. (Wiktionary)