from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A cotton pile fabric resembling velvet.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A cotton fabric with a short pile, resembling velvet.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A kind of cloth, usually cotton, made in imitation of velvet; cotton velvet.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A kind of fustian made of twilled cotton, with a pile of the same material.
- n. A kind of velvet made of silk and cotton mixed throughout the fabric. This material has been greatly improved, and almost equals silk velvet in beauty.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a usually cotton fabric with a short pile imitating velvet
From velvet.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)