from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A wiry fabric woven especially from horsehair or camel's hair, used for upholstering and for stiffening garments.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Cloth made of the mane or tail hairs of a horse.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Stuff or cloth made wholly or in part of hair.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Stuff or cloth made wholly or partly of hair, especially of the hair of the horse or of the camel.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. cloth woven from horsehair or camelhair; used for upholstery or stiffening in garments
Sorry, no etymologies found.