from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The hide of a calf.
- n. Fine leather made from the hide of a calf.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A fine leather made from the hide of a calf.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The hide or skin of a calf; or leather made of the skin.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The hide or skin of a calf.
- n. Leather made of calves' skins, a common material for boots and shoes, and also, when differently prepared, for bookbinding. Calfskin differs from morocco in having a very smooth and uniform surface.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. fine leather from the skin of a calf
calf + skin (Wiktionary)