from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A fine leather originally made of goatskin but now more frequently of split horsehide.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a leather from Córdoba originally of tanned goatskin later of horsehide.
- adj. oxblood (the color)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Same as cordwain. In England the name is applied to leather made from horsehide.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Spanish leather. See cordwain.
- n. Leather made from horse-hide.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a fine leather originally made in Cordoba, Spain
Spanish cordován, from Córdova, Córdoba, Spain.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
from Córdova or Córdoba a Spanish town. (Wiktionary)