from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Lacking consistency; uneven.
- adj. Having or marked with spots; spotted.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having spots; spotted.
- adj. Of inconsistent quality
- n. A slang name for a common New Zealand fish
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Full of spots; marked with spots.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Full of spots; marked with spots; spotted.
- Occurring in spots or irregularly: as, hops are said to run spotty when the crops are unequal.
- Patchy; lacking harmony of parts; without unity.
- n. A New Zealand fish, a wrasse, Pseudolabrus bothryocosmus. Also called poddly and kelp-fish.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having spots or patches (small areas of contrasting color or texture)
- adj. lacking consistency
spot + -y (Wiktionary)