from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Dotted or covered with speckles, especially flecked with small spots of contrasting color.
- adj. Of a mixed character; motley.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Marked with dots.
- adj. Sporadically and irregularly marked.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Marked or variegated with small spots of a different color from that of the rest of the surface.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Spotted; specked; marked with small spots of indeterminate character; maculate: specifically noting many animals.
- Variegated in appearance or character; diversified; motley; piebald: as, a speckled company.
- A British geometrid moth, Cleora viduaria.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having a pattern of dots
Sorry, no etymologies found.