from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Marked or stained with or as if with spots: a spotted fabric; our spotted honor.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Discoloured by spots; stained.
- adj. Characterized by spots (used especially of animals and plants).
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of spot.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Marked with spots.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Marked with a spot or spots; dotted or sprinkled with spots: as, the spotted leopard.
- Distributed in separate places or spots: said of a mineral vein when the ore which it carries is very irregularly distributed through the workings.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having spots or patches (small areas of contrasting color or texture)
Sorry, no etymologies found.