American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Marked or stained with or as if with spots: a spotted fabric; our spotted honor.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Marked with a spot or spots; dotted or sprinkled with spots: as, the spotted leopard.
- Distributed in separate places or spots: said of a mineral vein when the ore which it carries is very irregularly distributed through the workings.
- adj. Discoloured by spots; stained.
- adj. Characterized by spots (used especially of animals and plants).
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of spot.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Marked with spots.
- adj. having spots or patches (small areas of contrasting color or texture)
“I. i.110 (8,2) [spotted] As _spotless_ is innocent, so _spotted_ is wicked.”
“Yes | No | Report from Elmer Fudd wrote 29 weeks 4 days ago rocky mountain spotted fever is even worse, but generally you hear of cases in your area to worry about that”
“Fortunately, while driving home after picking up her children at school, Kristin spotted us parked at the side of a country road (trying to interpret that infamous map!) and led us the rest of the way, getting there just a few minutes before your arrival.”
“The two were again spotted at several benefits and events showing a very affectionate bond between each other.”
“And Call Me Conrad; once again spotted by my German visitor (could it be Mrs Tilton?).”
“I have been told the Lyme disease thing is overblown and the real thing to worry about is rocky mountain spotted fever.”
“Some 260 giant avenues, ditches and enclosures have been spotted from the air in a region straddling Brazil's border with Bolivia.”
“The reason for the apparent contradiction that Matt has spotted is that Israel wants the land (the territories) without the people (the palestinians).”
“In the glow Paladin spotted the source of the crying.”
“The match thing works but Ive heard if you go that route it can increase your risk of things like lime disease and rocky mountain spotted fever.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘spotted’.
Protagonists and relevant words in the Book of Creation (Source: King James Bible)
Helen's favourite and interesting words: please add yours!
Adjectives used in actual (non-taxonomic) bird names, past and present.
Looking for tweets for spotted.