from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Covered with fleas or fleabites.
- adj. Informal Seedy; dilapidated: a flea-bitten couch.
- adj. Having a pale coat with reddish-brown flecks. Used of horses.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Infested with fleas
- adj. decrepit or dilapidated
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Bitten by a flea.
- adj. White, flecked with minute dots of bay or sorrel; -- said of the color of a horse.
- adj. same as creaky, 1.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Bitten by a flea; infested with fleas.
- Having small reddish spots or lines upon a lighter ground: applied to the color of horses.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. worn and broken down by hard use
Sorry, no etymologies found.