from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A point-by-point summary.
- n. Baseball A play in which a runner is trapped between bases and is pursued by fielders attempting to make the tag.
- adj. In poor physical condition; weak or exhausted.
- adj. Dirty and dilapidated: rundown housing projects.
- adj. Unwound and not running: a run-down watch.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A rough outline. Generally used in the definite, as the rundown.
- n. A defensive play in which the runner is caught between two fielders, who steadily converge to tag the runner out.
- adj. Alternative form of run-down.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a concluding summary (as in presenting a case before a law court)
Sorry, no etymologies found.