from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To replace a cap or caplike covering on: recapped the bottle.
- transitive v. To restore (a used tire of a motor vehicle) to usable condition by bonding new rubber onto the worn tread and lateral surface.
- n. A tire that has been recapped.
- transitive v. To recapitulate: recapped the headlines at the end of the news broadcast.
- n. A recapitulation, as of a news report.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To seal (something) again with a cap.
- n. A recapitulation.
- v. To recapitulate.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a summary at the end that repeats the substance of a longer discussion
- n. a used automobile tire that has been remolded to give it new treads
- v. summarize briefly
re- + cap (Wiktionary)
Shortened from recapitulate/recapitulation (Wiktionary)