from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To replace a cap or caplike covering on: recapped the bottle.
- transitive v. To restore (a used tire of a motor vehicle) to usable condition by bonding new rubber onto the worn tread and lateral surface.
- n. A tire that has been recapped.
- transitive v. To recapitulate: recapped the headlines at the end of the news broadcast.
- n. A recapitulation, as of a news report.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A recapitulation.
- v. To recapitulate.
- v. To seal (something) again with a cap.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a summary at the end that repeats the substance of a longer discussion
- n. a used automobile tire that has been remolded to give it new treads
- v. summarize briefly
The only interesting bit of new information in this recap is a flash of the number 6, which was also seen in one of the season four trailers.
Still, at least the X Factor recap is here to cheer us up …
Just hoping that last night recap is an insight for Brett to get deep in the game, and being a powerful player as opposed to being under the radar everytime.!
Check back here in the morning to read my recap of the performance finale — UPDATE: My full recap is now liiiiive! — and in the meantime, read through our photo gallery of The Final 3′s Best/Worst Dances over the season.
This recap is painful for me in a way that no recap has been before.
In any event, the recap is interesting reading for process junkies and nostalgic fans alike, as Klein details what went into each logo and some of the plot elements of the books.
Additional: Another recap from the NYT, and a rebuttal from the H. floresiensis proponents.
Just for fun, here's a quick recap from a fantasy perspective.
So in recap, I had checked the numbers once, rechecked them, and then had a coworker check them again.
A two-hour Season Three recap is on tonight at 9 p.m. and repeats at 1 a.m. Wednesday.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.