from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. See patella.
- n. See kneepad.
- transitive v. To cripple by shooting in the legs, especially in the knees.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The flat, roundish bone in the knee.
- v. To destroy the kneecaps of (a person), usually by shooting at the knees, as a punishment carried out by criminals or terrorists.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A roundish, flattened, sesamoid bone in the tendon in front of the knee joint; the patella; the kneepan.
- n. A cap or protection for the knee.
- transitive v. to break the knees of, especially by shooting in the kneecap; -- often done by criminal or terrorist groups as a warning or punishment.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The bone capping the protuberance of the knee; the kneepan; the patella. See cut under knee-joint.
- n. Any covering for the knee, worn as a protection from injury either to the joint or to the clothing that covers it.
- n. Milit., same as genouillère.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a small flat triangular bone in front of the knee that protects the knee joint
- v. shoot in the kneecap, often done by terrorist groups as a warning
I walked over and looked underneath the sheet and Tiki's kneecap is sitting up on top of his knee, totally out of place.
Guzman, who has missed the last four games with a sore left kneecap, is expected to return to the lineup Friday.
a broken kneecap, is a steady hitter and good fielder, though he never will provide much pop.
The sound of the projector hitting his kneecap was a sound I used to hear when I was a kid going to watch the Dodgers at Ebbets Field.
The kneecap is a nasty place to take a bullet because of the conjunction of bone, muscle, and nerve endings.
An incision was made where the tendon attaches to the bottom of the kneecap, which is where the fracture was.
Shattered kneecap: If you fall hard on your knee or are struck by something on the knee, since the kneecap is a bone, it could break.
Just as Louisiana politicians are about to get an up-close-and-personal look at the BP oil spill (it is approaching the shores an hour's drive from Baton Rouge, the state capital), they are considering a bill to "kneecap" all university environmental-law clinics in the state, which have led the way in challenging the historically cozy relationship between state politicians and the petrochemical industry.
How can we help deflect, prevent, or clean up after "kneecap" attempts against Obama and his team?
I am "presumptuous" that you "would care enough to strategically 'kneecap' presumptive presidential candidates", but your "recent two part series on the Presidential race was simply 'hadicapping' the field ..."
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.