from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. See patella.
- n. See kneepad.
- transitive v. To cripple by shooting in the legs, especially in the knees.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The flat, roundish bone in the knee.
- v. To destroy the kneecaps of (a person), usually by shooting at the knees, as a punishment carried out by criminals or terrorists.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A roundish, flattened, sesamoid bone in the tendon in front of the knee joint; the patella; the kneepan.
- n. A cap or protection for the knee.
- transitive v. to break the knees of, especially by shooting in the kneecap; -- often done by criminal or terrorist groups as a warning or punishment.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The bone capping the protuberance of the knee; the kneepan; the patella. See cut under knee-joint.
- n. Any covering for the knee, worn as a protection from injury either to the joint or to the clothing that covers it.
- n. Milit., same as genouillère.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a small flat triangular bone in front of the knee that protects the knee joint
- v. shoot in the kneecap, often done by terrorist groups as a warning
knee + cap (Wiktionary)