American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- v. Nautical To make secure by lashing: frap a sail.
- v. Nautical To take up the slack of; tighten.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To strike; smite.
- Nautical, to secure by many turns of a lashing.
- To fly into a passion.
- n. A violent fit of rage.
GNU Webster's 1913
- v. (Naut.) To draw together; to bind with a view to secure and strengthen, as a vessel by passing cables around it; to tighten; as a tackle by drawing the lines together.
- v. To brace by drawing together, as the cords of a drum.
- v. take up the slack of
- v. make secure by lashing
- Shortening. (Wiktionary)
- Middle English frapen, to strike, from Old French fraper; see frappé. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Â His intern, January, has been conscripted by Suzanne Padilla, a reporter who has been possessed by similar alien forces as Mitchell, to steal his frap-gun.”
“Just as long as she gets onstage, exposes her frap bloat and lipsyncs horribly, I'm all for it.”
“At 2, my daughter would ask for "decaff vanilla frap.”
“Decided around lunchtime that I wanted some Starbucks coffee, and more specifically a frappucino, and even more specifically a Pumpkin Spice frap, so I made the trek across the street to get a cup.”
“I stop at Starbucks on the way back and get a Pumpkin Spice frap, take a few more pictures of Times Square, and then head into the hotel.”
“And your double venti triple frap half-caf twist of lime thing won't cost you four bucks.”
“His brother came in to get something and decided to get a green tea frap.”
“I said any schmuck who ordered fried shrimp and chocolate frap in a Jewish deli can't be all that bad!”
“MATTHAU: Well, I thought it was a Jewish delicatessen in Brentwood, where he was ordering fried shrimp and a chocolate frap.”
“And they got the frap ping nerve to call this the Imperial Suite?" he said in a loud, angry voice.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘frap’.
I'm wading through Patrick O'Brian's Aubrey/Maturin novels one by one, and someday, I'll wade through them again and list all the words I learned while reading them.
Edit: I started ma...
Inspired by a Candid Camera sketch.
Looking for tweets for frap.