from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Excrement.
- n. An act of defecating.
- n. Foolish, deceitful, or boastful language.
- n. Cheap or shoddy material.
- n. Miscellaneous or disorganized items; clutter.
- n. Insolent talk or behavior.
- intransitive v. To defecate.
- interj. Used to express anger or displeasure.
- crap up To make a mess of; bungle.
- n. See craps.
- n. A losing first throw in the game of craps.
- v. To make a losing throw in the game of craps. Usually used with out.
- crap out Slang To fail to keep a commitment or promise: crapped out on me when I needed him.
- crap out Slang To fail to function properly: The old TV crapped out again.
- crap out Slang To leave: crapped out of the meeting early.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The husk of grain; chaff.
- n. Something of poor quality.
- n. Something that is rubbish; nonsense.
- n. Faeces or feces; a euphemism for shit.
- n. An act of defecation.
- n. Useless object, sometimes used as a plural
- v. To defecate.
- adj. Of poor quality.
- interj. Expression of worry, fear, shock, surprise, disgust, annoyance or dismay.
- n. A losing throw of 2, 3 or 12 in craps
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. In the game of craps, a first throw of the dice in which the total is two, three, or twelve, in which case the caster loses. Also called craps.
- n. same as excrement and feces.
- n. nonsense; balderdash; bullshit; -- also used as an expletive.
- v. to defecate. Same as take a crap.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To raise a crop.
- n. The highest part or top of anything.
- n. The crop or craw of a fowl: used ludicrously for a man's stomach.
- n. A crop of grain.
- n. Darnel.
- n. Buckwheat.
- n. A throw with dice; especially, a losing cast in the game of craps, when the total of pips on the two dice is 2, 3, or 12. See craps.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. obscene terms for feces
- n. obscene words for unacceptable behavior
- v. have a bowel movement
The “stars and bars” south will rise again crap is mostly heard only from drunken, lower class, white males.
This Hussein crap is awful Ben, and no different than Republican swiftboat rhetoric.
Yeah, all that compliance with the constitution crap is code for throwing out the constitution ... right Huffington ...
Hmmm ... i hear you and a lot of times i wonder what the crap is about!
This crap is also why L.A. is the worst in the country and quite possibly the world.
All this crap is ancient, useless management-babble, with nothing new in it.
Maybe we need less news if this crap is the best these lame networks can come up with.
We're lucky if the "multiplier" on this crap is as big as 1.0.
That amnesia crap is the major weakness of the novel — followed by other minor weaknesses, like clunky point of view shifts, the pretentious fairy-tale tone of the climax, the overkill of similes and adjectives in general.
All of these posts are very observant, but meaningless because scrutinizing this crap is the same as as having dialogue about a TV show being reality.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.