American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Work involving the handling of reports, letters, and forms.
- n. A clerical task or set of tasks involving routine written work; busy work; red tape.
- n. informal Excessive, intricate or meticulous work with documents in an unnecessary and incidental way to more important tasks.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. Work that involves handling or writing documents such as forms, letters, reports, sales records, etc.
- n. work that involves handling papers: forms or letters or reports etc.
- paper + work. (Wiktionary)
“The last step is to complete the title paperwork and pay any required taxes on the vehicle.”
“WASHINGTON (AP) – Big lenders are trying to move past the foreclosure-document mess, saying they're now confident their paperwork is accurate.”
“WASHINGTON — Big lenders are trying to move past the foreclosure-document mess, saying they're now confident their paperwork is accurate.”
“For some “managers”, paperwork is the whole reason for their existence.”
“Not a problem as long as your paperwork is in order.”
“Since the States in Mexico typically issue both a front and rear plate, you may draw some interest from various police agencies but as long as your paperwork is in order, I would guess that you would not experience any real problems.”
“However, when you file for a visa thru USCIS, pay the fees, etc. your paperwork is sent to the National Visa Center, more forms are required and more fees, you go for your Visa interview and are denied, then you find out if you are eligible to file for a waiver of inadmissability.”
“It doesn't matter where you are married, so long as all of the paperwork is legit.”
“He was swamped in paperwork and invoices and things”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘paperwork’.
A combined list of
1. EU Buzz - single words
2. EU Buzz - collocations
3. EU Buzz - the 100 most active
absorption capacity, absorption rate, acceding country, accession candidate, accession countries, accession country, accession criteria, accession cycle, accession negotia..., accession partner..., accession priorities, accession treaty and 2650 more...
Annoying, little, things. In a single word.
Buzzwords of our time
An extensive list I have been working on for quite some time. Feel free to add more of the kind if you miss any.
1. Strictly EU terms with special European meaning used only in the EU
2. Keywords central to the understanding of the EU (people working for the EU are usually able to give thematic...
Words related to blood and blood donation
Words from 2008 'RocknRolla' film.
Very basic words for ESL students.
Ever notice that some people love to make life as miserable for you as possible? It's time to call those people out and stop them from making life unfun, once and for all!
The title of this list is a reference to Hermes Conrad of Futurama, who sang a song by this title in the episode "How Hermes Requisitioned His Groove Back."
Looking for tweets for paperwork.