from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Work involving the handling of reports, letters, and forms.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A clerical task or set of tasks involving routine written work; busy work; red tape.
- n. Excessive, intricate or meticulous work with documents in an unnecessary and incidental way to more important tasks.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Work that involves handling or writing documents such as forms, letters, reports, sales records, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. work that involves handling papers: forms or letters or reports etc.
paper + work. (Wiktionary)