from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A message transmitted by telegraph.
- transitive v. To telegraph (something) or be telegraphed.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A message transmitted by telegraph
- v. To send a telegram.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A message sent by telegraph; a telegraphic dispatch.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A communication sent by telegraph: a telegraphic message or despatch.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a message transmitted by telegraph
tele- + -gram. "A friend desires us to […] introduce a new word into the vocabulary. It is telegram, instead of telegraphic dispatch, or telegraphic communication." — Albany Evening Journal, April 6, 1852. (Wiktionary)