from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A communications system consisting of teletypewriters connected to a telephonic network to send and receive signals.
- n. A message sent or received by such a system.
- transitive v. To send (a message) by telex.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A communications system consisting of a network of teletypewriters.
- n. A message sent through such a network.
- n. The machine used to send and receive such messages.
- v. To send (a message) by telex.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. communicate by telex
- n. a character printer connected to a telegraph that operates like a typewriter
tel(etypewriter) + ex(change).(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)