from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Communication by means of the telegraph.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. communication at a distance by means of the telegraph, either over wires or by wireless telegraphy, usually using Morse code
- n. the apparatus and techniques used in such a system
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The science or art of constructing, or of communicating by means of, telegraphs.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The art or practice of communicating intelligence by a telegraph; the science or art of constructing or managing telegraphs.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. apparatus used to communicate at a distance over a wire (usually in Morse code)
- n. communicating at a distance by electric transmission over wire
tele- + -graphy (Wiktionary)