from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act of making known publicly.
- n. Something announced.
- n. A broadcast message, especially a program note or commercial.
- n. An engraved or printed formal statement or notice, as of a wedding or a relocation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An act of announcing, or giving notice.
- n. That which conveys what is announced.
- n. The content which is announced.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of announcing, or giving notice; that which announces; proclamation; publication.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of announcing or giving notice; that which is announced or made known; proclamation; publication; notification.
- n. In card-playing, a bid; a meld.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a public statement containing information about an event that has happened or is going to happen
- n. a formal public statement
announce + -ment (Wiktionary)