American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The act of making known publicly.
- n. Something announced.
- n. A broadcast message, especially a program note or commercial.
- n. An engraved or printed formal statement or notice, as of a wedding or a relocation.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of announcing or giving notice; that which is announced or made known; proclamation; publication; notification.
- n. In card-playing, a bid; a meld.
- n. An act of announcing, or giving notice.
- n. That which conveys what is announced.
- n. The content which is announced.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The act of announcing, or giving notice; that which announces; proclamation; publication.
- n. a public statement containing information about an event that has happened or is going to happen
- n. a formal public statement
- announce + -ment (Wiktionary)
“Note the title announcement of the politician's political affiliation again.”
“The film commences, a la The Blair Witch Project with the title announcement that we are about to witness ‘found footage’ that was located at the site that used to be Central Park.”
“The studio posted a new trailer and a plot synopsis along with the title announcement on its blog.”
“For me the interesting part of the announcement is the focus on software to make data center processes more efficient.”
“Obama spokesman Robert Gibbs would not confirm that the announcement is about Emanuel, but two people close to Emanuel say he will resign on Friday to begin his campaign for Chicago mayor.”
“This announcement is arousing far more controversy than the plan to cap the amount of benefit any family can receive.”
“Joe Lykken, a theorist at Fermilab, said, “So I would not say that this announcement is the equivalent of seeing the face of God, but it might turn out to be the toe of God.””
“What I would most like to see along with this announcement is a clear indication of how Adobe intends the OSMF to be understood in terms of the HTML 5 video tag — whether it is a competitor, complement or completely unrelated.”
“This announcement is an insult to the gay community, which voted overwhelmingly for Obama!”
“Featured in their announcement is a diverse and ambitious slate of 13 new animated feature films, most of which will be featured in 3D.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘announcement’.
broker a peace ac..., client state, deadlocked peace ..., embassy, freeze, goodwill ambassador, hinterland, interfere in dome..., intervene personally, maintain technica..., mediation, no business as usual and 670 more...
result; product; instrument; means
Very basic words for ESL students.
words that remind me of airline travel
Looking for tweets for announcement.