from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A public declaration of principles, policies, or intentions, especially of a political nature.
- intransitive v. To issue such a declaration.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A public declaration of principles, policies, or intentions, especially that of a political party.
- v. To issue a manifesto
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A public declaration, usually of a prince, sovereign, or other person claiming large powers, showing his intentions, or proclaiming his opinions and motives in reference to some act done or contemplated by him.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To affect by a manifesto; issue manifestos or declarations.
- n. A public declaration, as of a sovereign or government, or of any person or body of persons, making known certain intentions, or proclaiming certain opinions and motives in reference to some act or course of conduct done or contemplated; in general, a proclamation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a public declaration of intentions (as issued by a political party or government)
The first page of his manifesto is all about how he got involved in “patriotic” “tax code readings” in southern California, which were pretty much scams to separate him from his money.
For the European Election If you normally vote Labour or Lib Dem – Vote Green (I will be for the first time ever even in the policing bit of their manifesto is a bit mad), If you normally vote Tory – vote UKIP.
The creators of these terms, Michiel Schwarz and Joost Elffers, have presented what they describe as a manifesto for the 21st century.
Rhee-Klein "manifesto" a "concise compilation of today's fads and gimmicks in education" (The Answer Sheet)
I don't think the 'manifesto' is simply flog 'em and string 'em up anymore - there're a whole raft of issues and a much broader spectrum of people beginning to think this way.
Whereas you have signified to us that your society have desired us to join with them in a public fast, in order to your intended communion, our answer is, that as we have formerly once and again insinuated unto you, that if you would in due manner lay aside what you call your manifesto, and resolve and declare that you will keep to the heads of agreement on which the United Brethren in London have made their union, and then publicly proceed with the presence, countenance, and concurrence of the
The entire manifesto is here, but seriously, this is not worth the crazy shenanigans that preceded it.
The manifesto is entirely underwhelming, while the drama surrounding it is equally unwarranted.
A variety of international groups have produced a public domain manifesto .
The manifesto is aimed at transforming the educational "experiences for every child in each of our schools."
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.