from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A formal expression of opinion; a judgment.
- n. An authoritative statement.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An announcement.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of pronouncing; a declaration; a formal announcement.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of pronouncing; a proclamation; a formal announcement.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an authoritative declaration
Sorry, no etymologies found.